Who is responsible for the Safeguarding of Children?
It is everybody’s responsibility to be vigilant and listen to pupils when they are worried about issues regarding safeguarding.
At Greenfields Academy, all staff members receive safeguarding training and all staff are made aware of the Designated Safeguarding Officers:
Designated Safeguarding Lead: Mrs Nicola Todd
Safeguarding Officers: Mr Chris Armond
To view the Child Protection & Safeguarding Policy click here.
You can contact our Safeguarding Governor, Ben Harrold : Greenfields Academy, Great North Road, Grantham, NG31 7US. Telephone: 01476 574112. Or email via the Clerk to the Governors – JIngle.Governor@citacademies.co.uk
Alternatively you can contact: John Eaton, Chair of Governors: Greenfields Academy, Great North Road, Grantham, NG31 7US. Telephone: 01476 574112. Or email via the Clerk to the Governors – JIngle.Governor@citacademies.co.uk
In the event of anyone being unavailable, please contact the Designated Safeguarding Trustee, Stephen Hopkins on 03300 585 520.
Or contact the Local Authority Designated Office (LADO) on 01522 554668.
The Executive Head, Chris Armond, will ensure:
• That all staff know how to access the Safeguarding Policy
• Be clear how to follow safeguarding procedures
• Whole school safeguarding training
• That safe recruitment practices, which provide for appropriate checks are in place and adhered to
• All staff receive E-safety training
• Be clear on how to log incidents involving E-Safety
• Be clear who to refer E-Safety incidents to
• Safeguarding across the curriculum
Every pupil receives PSHE lessons where safeguarding issues are taught through a range of topics, including;
• Medicines + Drug awareness
• Sex and Relationships education
• Internet safety
Every pupil receives ICT lessons where E-Safety issues are taught, to explain all the risks of using the internet. Pupils understand issues surrounding the internet including:
• Social Networking
• Inappropriate Website
• Identity Theft
At Greenfields Academy, all staff are committed to giving our pupils the tools and knowledge that is required to keep themselves and each other safe from harm.
Links to external websites: